August 13, 2009

Kids say the darnedest things: Fresh Bread

Ok, let me set this up for you. When I am grocery shopping and need to get a loaf of bread Zoe and Lea both insist that they must smell the bread to make sure that it is a good loaf. This process can take up to several minutes of them kneeling on the ground smelling all the loafs of bread (despite all the stares) to find the right one.

One of the kids favorite types of bread is the Sunbeam Bar-B-Q bread (known to us as good bread). It is the kind that is very soft and sticks to the roof of your mouth.

Well several days ago we went shopping and I was in a hurry so when it came time to get the bread I told then that we didn't have time to smell them today and to just grab one. So they did and we went on our merry way.

Several days later as we were eating supper we opened up the bag of "good bread" and handed everyone a slice. I took a bite of mine and complained that this loaf was dry. Mia complained about it being very crumbly (which it usually isn't).

Without missing a beat Zoe piped up and said "You should have let me smell the bread, mommy."

We all laughed and I told her that she was right and that I will never make that same mistake again. From now on we will make time to smell the bread.

1 comment:

  1. Cute video! And great blog here. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete