August 29, 2009

Small Talk Six: Good old school days


A new weekly meme on MomDot called "Small Talk Six" where each Saturday has a topic and you can respond to each topic with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, or 6 photos.

Today’s topic is “6 things you loved or hated about school.”

1. I hated homework. I don't understand why kids have to be at school for 8 hours and then are made to do 2-4 hours worth of homework. Makes no since.

2. I loved being in the band. I played the flute. I made some great friends and learned all about music. In my senior year of high school I was the drum major and directed our marching band.

3. I hated bullies. In 6th grade I got bullied on the bus. That leads me to number 4.

4. I hated riding the bus (see number 3). It was always over crowded and since I wasn't one of the popular kids I always had a hard time finding a seat.

5. I loved the carefree days. Although they didn't seem carefree then, looking back I think they were. Real life is so much harder.

6. I loved the teachers that touched my life. My second grade teacher Mrs. Killpatrick. My middle school band teacher Mr. Walker. My 6th grade biology teacher Ms. Brooks. My high school band teacher Mr. Hodges. My 11th grade English teacher Mr. Williams. My high school technology teacher Mr Westbrook. This is a shout out to you guys. Thank you all for helping to shape me into who I am today.

So there is my 6, now go blog about yours and visit momdot.com to join in the fun.

9 comments:

  1. Lately I have been missing those carefree school days too. When did life get so difficult:)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homework was crazy. Its a lot worse now for kids. At least as adults when we come home from work, for the most part our job. Well, then starts a whole different job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazine how much good teachers can influence you.

    God Bless,
    Susan
    Here are my six: http://susanameyers@blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated the bus too! We were forced to sit three in a seat, and I always got stuck with barely an edge to sit on. It was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to play an instrument but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly,
    I like carefree days .5.
    Life is harder now, i realize.
    Thank you for passing by.
    I'd love if you followed my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello


    just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good day!

    I am new here and I just wanted to say hi!

    Byebye

    ReplyDelete