August 20, 2009

Rainbow Birthday Party part 5 goody bags

Here you can find part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4.

Who doesn't like to leave a party with a goody bag.
I covered some of the things that I am going to put in the goody bag in part 1.


Like this

and this

and this

Here are some other things I am going to add to the goody bag.


I found these at Charlotte's fancy. Zoe is excited about these. She had been wanting an iPod nano since her sister got one back in February. My husband and I are thinking about getting her one for her birthday. A pink one of course.

These party favors are made with a pack of crackers wrapped up like a present but, as Molly stated on Charlotte's fancy, crackers would be a disappointing discovery and maybe something like a Kit-Kat would be better. Soon the Halloween candy will be put out and I am sure I can find some kind of candy bar that is the right size. I can even use the small bars of Kit-Kat's to do this with.

One more thing that I want to add is this
which I found at Chica and Jo's site. They give full directions on how to make these. The only problem is that since I have so many colors to add in I had a hard time with it so I plan on doing this instead


what you do is you take pieces of crayons and you can either line your muffin tin with foil or a cup cake liner or you can use a silicon muffin pan. You then heat your oven to 350° and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. I have a star shaped silicon muffin pan and will use one crayon of each color for each recycled crayon.


This is kind of what they will look like but star shaped of course.

One more thing I want to add is these


I found a site called Oh Nuts! that has all the colors that I need but to get just 2 of each color (which is 14 sticks) they want to charge me over $13 in shipping. Good grief.

I found directions at about.com where they show you how to make homemade rock candy. I guess I am going to have to try it out.

Now I have to have something to put all of these goodies in. I have wracked my brain about this one and I have searched high and low and nothing special has popped out. So what I think I am going to do is take the simplistic approach and do something like this

but instead use white lunch bags and tie it up with curling ribbons of all the colors. I think that would look very pretty.
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. So many great ideas! Feel free to take an "I was Featured" button for your blog. Your rainbow card idea is awesome and is featured today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I stumbled upon the feature where you included the rainbow invitation that I made. Thank so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great ideas! I LOVE the crackers wrapped up as ipods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning my daughter's 6th birthday party for august - she gives good lead time too! I am so glad I stumbled upon your site. I will be using some of your ideas! Thank you for all of your detail!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. M planning my daughter's b'day with Rainbow theme...and what a coincidence! i cant thank you enough for putting ideas into my head. thanks in tonnes

    ReplyDelete