August 22, 2009

Small Talk Six: Goodbye summer

A new weekly meme on MomDot called "Small Talk Six" where each Saturday has a topic and you can respond to each topic with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, or 6 photos.

Today’s topic is “6 things you’ll miss (or won’t miss) about summer.”

1. I won't miss the heat. I hate being hot. I just hate to sweat.

2. I will miss the summer fruit. Watermelon, peaches, strawberries. Yum-O

3. I won't miss the electric bill. We definitely save money during the winter.

4. I won't miss BUGS. Mosquitoes are terrible and the GNATS. They are terrible this year. You can't be outside more than 30 seconds with them swarming you.

5. I will miss flip flops. I hate to have to find socks for my 4 kids and during the summer I don't have to worry much about socks because everyone either goes barefoot or they wear flip flops.

6. I will miss my kids with their summer glow. I am usually pale and burn very easily but my husband is the opposite. Luckily my kids don't have my skin type. They take after my husband and tan up so pretty. Mia especially gets very dark during the summer. Before you get on me about all the bad stuff about the sun I will say that I do keep them covered up with sunscreen but they still do tan.

So there is my 6, now go blog about yours and visit momdot.com to join in the fun.

9 comments:

  1. I'll miss flip-flops, too. So much easier than socks & shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss the strawberries, too. They've already gotten expensive here!
    Here's my list:
    http://susanheim.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six-good-bye-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love summer fruit too:-) And flip flops, yes, flip flops!

    God Bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some flip flops! My kids all have a great tan too, alas I'm pasty white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for the heat to go too-I'm with you-I hate to be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I forgot about having to find socks for the kids when summer is gone. I swear they lose theirs daily lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you on 3 and 4 ! I never thought about the fruit. We wont be having no more fruit stands here . Hope you have a awesome weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate sweating too. With all the heat we've been having, I don't think I've gone out with my hair down once. It just feels too hot having hair on the back of my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, I'm totally with you on # 1 and 3! I actually got our electric bill the other day, and believe me when i say my eyes bugged out at the dollar amount! Geez, we need to turn that thermostat!!!

    ReplyDelete